Whisked! is a growing wholesale bakery that distributes to more than 40 stores in the DC area. Our handcrafted pies, cookies, and quiches are a local favorite (we won “Best Bakery” and “Best Trendy Dessert” in the Washington Post Express for the past three years), and our products continue to attract new fans. We have plans to expand in the region, and are seeking team members who will help shape our company as we move forward. You must be team-oriented, comfortable taking initiative, and able to pitch in wherever help is needed. Most importantly, we want you to be excited about growing with us! Check back frequently for new position openings.
We’re looking for someone who loves our products and can talk about them for hours with customers! That's basically what a demo is. We pass out samples of pies and cookies at stores that sell our products- usually Yes! Organic Market, Glen's Garden Market, and Union Kitchen Grocery. Demos typically last 3 hours and, while you are trying to sell product, it is most important for you to have a genuine conversation with customers. You should be friendly, outgoing, and a fan of pies and cookies!
Requirements: A car, so you can drive to various demo locations.
Commitment: At least 1 day a weekend. Preferably two demos a day for a total of about 7 hours.
Compensation: $15/hr and free product!
If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
The shift supervisor will assist our Production Manager in the day-to-day production and operations of our kitchen. Additional work will involve the creation of our products though prep, mixing, baking, portioning and packaging. High-volume production baking experience is a must. This position reports to the Production Manager.
- Run production shifts, including assigning labor needs for workload, ensuring production tasks are completed, and directing up to five bakery employees
- Mixing, baking, and packaging products with a high attention to detail and consistent quality, according to our recipes and standards
- Ensuring quality control for all products
- Ordering and maintaining all bakery supplies
- Maintaining safe working environment and implementing safe work practices
- Ensuring that the kitchen is clean, neat, and organized
- Ensure that kitchen and staff are abiding by health codes
- Handle company property, equipment, and assets with care and responsibility
- Cultivate and model a respectful working and learning environment.
Because we are a very small team, all of our staff members are responsible for other aspects of the business, such as cleaning and dishwashing, re-stocking ingredient inventory, and organizing supplies, in addition to the primary duties listed above.
- 2+ years of pastry production experience
- Management experience a plus
- Spanish a plus
- Hardworking, efficient, detail-oriented, learns quickly, able to do repetitive tasks for long periods, able to think ahead.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Able to use online tools including Microsoft Word and Excel, Google docs and apps as well as other online organizational tools.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- ServSafe Certification
- Able to lift 50 lbs
Benefits include paid sick leave, vacation time, and a retirement plan.
This position is PAID: hourly, varies DOE, $14.00 - $16.00
Whisked! is looking for a production baker to join our team. Candidates must have previous professional baking experience. We are looking for applicants who are responsible, efficient, and have a strong work ethic.
Position duties include:
Baking and packaging finished products.
Scaling and mixing doughs and batters.
Scooping cookies/portioning batters.
Rolling pie crusts.
Cleaning (dishes, sweeping, mopping).
We are looking to grow, and the right candidate can grow with us. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Send resume and a cover letter detailing why you are a good fit for the position to email@example.com Job is full time - 35 to 40 hours/week. Benefits include paid vacation, sick leave, and a retirement plan. Pay is DOE.