Whisked! is a growing wholesale bakery that distributes to more than 70 stores in the DC area. Our handcrafted pies, cookies, and quiches are a local favorite (we won “Best Bakery” and “Best Trendy Dessert” in the Washington Post Express for the past three years), and our products continue to attract new fans. We have plans to expand in the region, and are seeking team members who will help shape our company as we move forward. You must be team-oriented, comfortable taking initiative, and able to pitch in wherever help is needed. Most importantly, we want you to be excited about growing with us! Check back frequently for new position openings.
Fulfillment and Packaging Associate
Whisked! is on a mission to bring homemade, high quality baked goods to local grocery store shelves. Based in Washington, DC, we are a scratch-based wholesale bakery that produces three product lines - pies, quiches, and cookies. We believe that baked goods should be wholesome, and use the same ingredients and care that you would use if baking at home. We bake everything fresh for our clients, because all our products are preservative-free, with clean labels. Whisked! started in 2011 selling at farmers markets, and quickly became a local hit. Now, we are carried in more than 70 + stores in the DC area.
We are seeking a fulfillment association to help our distribution team with packaging client orders. The Associate will also assist the kitchen team with packaging products, as needed. This position reports to the Distribution Manager.
- Sorting and packing products for client orders, according to pack lists;
- Correctly labeling client orders;
- Checking items for quality control and pulling items that do not meet quality standards;
- Staging products for distribution;
- Troubleshooting issues that arise with client orders;
- Packaging product according to our standard operating procedures, including cookies, pies, and quiches;
- Handle company property, equipment, and assets with care and responsibility; and
- Cultivate and model a respectful working and learning environment.
Whisked! believes that every individual makes a significant contribution to our success. Because we are a small team, all of our staff members are responsible for other aspects of the business, such as cleaning, re-stocking ingredient inventory, and organizing supplies. Every Whisked! employee offers his or her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the company.
- 2 + years fulfillment experience
- Hardworking, efficient, detail-oriented, learns quickly, able to do repetitive tasks for long periods, able to think ahead.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Able to use online tools including Microsoft Word and Excel, Google docs and apps as well as other online organizational tools.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Able to lift 50 lbs
This is an hourly position, approximately 35-40 hours/week. We offer paid sick leave, vacation, and retirement benefits.
To apply - please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We’re looking for someone who loves our products and can talk about them for hours with customers! That's basically what a demo is. We pass out samples of pies and cookies at stores that sell our products- usually Yes! Organic Market, Glen's Garden Market, and Union Kitchen Grocery. Demos typically last 3 hours and, while you are trying to sell product, it is most important for you to have a genuine conversation with customers. You should be friendly, outgoing, and a fan of pies and cookies!
Requirements: A car, so you can drive to various demo locations.
Commitment: At least 1 day a weekend. Preferably two demos a day for a total of about 7 hours.
Compensation: $15/hr and free product!
If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!